Uninsured/Under Insured Liability Coverage
Claim Scenario 1
Insured and family are at a neighbor's get-together. Child of insured is jumping on the neighbor's trampoline and falls, sustaining a fractured arm requiring surgery. The homeowner who hosted the party has $300,000 liability, which is tendered for the incident by not nearly enough. The insured's Group Personal Excess policy responded with the uninsured liability coverage for the additional needed limits.
Claim Scenario 2
Dog bit incident involving a renter who had no liability coverage. All medical costs were paid under the uninsured liability coverage in the Group Excess Policy including lost wages.
- Insured struck motorcycle when changing lanes. $1,000,000
- Insured was rearended when at a stop light. At fauly driver did not have enough coverage to pay for injuries to our insured. $700,000
- Insured involved in boating accident. $500,000
- Insured's son involved in car accident. $1,200,000
- Insured's daughter involved in car accident. $1,500,000
- Insured's spouse polls out of shopping mall and hits a bicyclist – full amount of damages pending.